A fast-growing biotechnology company is looking for a new Laboratory Technician to join their production team. You will be working with the production manager to produce finished vaccination products in line with production dates in a quality environment, complying with procedures. You will require a scientific degree, ideally biology-based, or equivalent laboratory experience.
Due to the location of the role, you are required to have your own transport.
Please note this role works on a shift pattern between Monday - Friday (7.30 am - 3.30 pm & 10 am - 6 pm) and one Saturday per month post-training.
- Inoculation, Incubation, and Harvesting of bacteria on solid Media, Broths, and Fermentor.
- Accurate Completion of Antigen Production Records and associated Data Capture Forms
- Preparation of materials and apparatus used in Antigen Production and Blending / Bottling
- Blending / Bottling Finished Vaccine.
- Labelling / Packaging & storage of Finished Vaccine.
- Use of Autoclave
- Collaborating in the generation of the Production Schedule
- Delivering work as per the Production Schedule.
- Writing / amending relevant SOPs and Data Capture Forms.
- Health & Safety Compliance (Risk / COSHH etc.)
- Management of Stock / raw materials required for production processes.
- Liaison and communication with Company personnel at all levels.
- Provide support in new product/process development.
- Basic equipment maintenance
- Removal of waste from Production.
- Cleaning of Production rooms and associated areas as per cleaning schedule.
- Acceptance and storage/distribution of general deliveries.
- A relevant scientific qualification, ideally biology-based, but others considered
- Experience in cGMP quality/production or equivalent environment
- Working knowledge of relevant quality standards, cGMP.
- Technical knowledge of emergency (autogenous) vaccine products is desirable.
- Knowledge of the processes involved
- A good eye for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working experience with COSHH & Health & Safety regulations
- Teamwork experience
- Communication skills
- Computer literate - Word, Excel
- Can Do Attitude
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 74091
- Posted: 15th July 2022
- Expires: 12th August 2022