An opportunity has arisen for a motivated medicinal chemist to join a well-established organisation based in the Midlands area.
The Medicinal Chemist will have:
- MSc or PhD degree in organic or medicinal chemistry with 2-4 years drug discovery experience gained within a commercial environment.
- A good track record of success in synthetic medicinal chemistry.
- Good experience in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds.
- Demonstrable skills in the areas such as organic and medicinal chemistry, including data analysis, single compound synthesis and small parallel library design.
- Demonstrable skills in structure-based design as well as analytical and purification methods.
- Able to work with other scientists (both internally and externally) to solve synthetic path challenges.
- Able to present scientific results in a clear and articulate manner to clients and colleagues.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to work accurately
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexible and willing approach to learning new techniques
- Good team player
- Capable of working under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: BCH012
Website: ST Recruitment
- Posted: 21st June 2022
- Expires: 19th July 2022