A multi-national and leading speciality chemical business based in Berkshire is currently seeking a Senior Client Technical Specialist to join their R&D Engineering team on a permanent basis. You will take a primary focus on the delivery of solutions for customers by understanding their needs & applications and offering technical advice/feedback for related R&D projects.
Client Technical Specialist Responsibilities
- Provide expert technical support to Sales and interface with customers as required in order to meet their technology and approval needs.
- In consultation with Sales/Business, organize and execute a plan for approval testing to meet the customer's needs and wants
- Organize data derived from the approval program and assemble all appropriate information in an easily understood manner
- To take personal responsibility for a safe working environment in both the office & laboratories. Consistently adhere to safety policies & procedures.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assist in providing proactive customer-specific solutions, support, and guidance through effective and insightful face-to-face and written communications.
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external customers.
- Interface with CTS, R&D, OEM, Sales, and Marketing to gain an understanding of current and future market trends, requirements, and applications.
- Interface with analytical and R&D labs to plan and execute product commercialization bench testing.
- Interface with Mechanical Lab and test scheduler to plan and execute testing.
Client Technician Specialist Requirements
- You must hold a BSc/MChem/MSci or PhD level qualification in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, OR chemistry/related subject from a recognised, leading university.
- Experience either within a laboratory/R&D engineering environment or working in a similar technical specialist function.
- Timely decision-making using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines with appropriate risk, authority and transparency
- Solves problems with effective solutions by asking good questions, involving others, and looking outside of existing processes and procedures.
- Continuously assesses current processes, practices, procedures, techniques and tools and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to make good strong connections with customers & OEM personnel.
£Salary offered is competitive in line with the level of experience + excellent company benefits including final salary pension scheme.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7413
- Posted: 21st June 2022
- Expires: 19th July 2022