A growing diagnostics business has an exciting opportunity for an R&D Scientist to join its Serology team. This role is a critical part of the R&D function, requiring extensive experience of running projects and planning and conducting experiments. The role will also help manage the ELISA portfolio and any new developments. To be considered you must be degree educated in a relevant subject and have previous ELISA experience or have completed a PhD including ELISA lab work.
This role offers the opportunity to work a 4 day working week between Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:15
Job duties include:
- Planning and conducting experiments
- Taking ownership of projects
- ELISA maintenance and development
- Processing and analysing results and data
- Presenting data to internal and external
- Collaborating with individuals both within, and outside of the business
- Advising other departments on technical matters
- To perform any other duties as required by the business.
Training will be provided.
- Minimum BSc in relevant scientific subject +
- Industrial R&D experience
- Design and development of ELISA (preferred).
- Use of ELISA (essential)
- Experience in running and reporting of projects.
- Experience in planning, conducting and analysing experiments.
- Experience in technology transfer and manufacturing support activities would be advantageous
- Experience in the area of Mycotoxins would be desirable
Those with a PhD with no post-doc experience but have been using ELISA will also be considered.
Personal Skills required:
- Ability to work proactively both individually and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility / adaptability
- Time management
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office
- Technical Skills required:
- Protein Purification and conjugation (desirable, not essential)
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7155111
- Posted: 21st June 2022
- Expires: 19th July 2022