A multinational chemicals company is looking for an Analytical Chemist to join their Chemistry Department. You will be responsible for the development and roll out of new analytical methods and providing analytical support to Operations and Customers. The successful candidate will have a degree in chemistry, or similar, along with previous commercial working experience with GCMS, LCMS, HPLC and GC.
- Participate in the day-to-day responsibility for laboratory safety and to ensure that all personnel act in accordance with company's directives.
- To be responsible for the development and roll out of new analytical methods.
- To provide expert analytical support to Operations and Customers related to the chemistry, processing, and applications of the Companies' products.
- Ensure a high level of analytical rigour is applied to the development of new methods and to comply with validation protocol
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of GC, GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS and FTIR equipment in the analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- To ensure compliance with companies Health and Safety programs.
- Provide training to the lab staff on newly developed methods
- Regular SBU updates on method development
- There is also the opportunity to play a lead role in implementation of ISO 17025 accreditation
- Minimum of a BSc in chemistry or related subject
- Demonstrable relevant work experience in method development
- Experience in method development using GC-MS and LC-MS, HPLC and GC.
- Knowledge of the following techniques is required; GC-MS, LC-MS, GC and HPLC.
- Some background/experience of ISO 10725 environment
- Knowledge of the following techniques is preferred; FT-IR, GPC (gel permeation chromatography) with viscometery, RI and light scattering detectors, micro chamber, purge and trap and DSC (differential scanning calorimetry).
GCMS - LCMS - HPLC - GC
Competitive Salary - Benefits - Private Healthcare - Bonus
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7376
- Posted: 21st June 2022
- Expires: 19th July 2022