CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join an API contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) company at their site based near Newcastle upon Tyne on a full time, permanent basis.
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation.
- Provide R&D and manufacturing services to the global pharmaceutical and chemical industry.
- Operate their HQ from north east England and have facilities located across the rest of the UK and around the world.
- Growing organisation with great career development prospects.
This Development Chemist role is based at the company's site in Cramlington, easily commutable from Newcastle upon Tyne.
Development Chemist role:
The objective of the role is to develop and optimise synthetic organic processes to aid in manufacturing of APIs.
Your main duties will be:
- Developing and optimizing synthetic organic processes.
- Designing and carrying out laboratory scale experimental chemistry work programs.
- Solve complex chemistry problems via current literature
- Preparing lab reports and presenting results to customers
- Working alongside other project team members including Analytical, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Preparing cGMP documentation to support transfer of processes to plant.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and methods.
- A strong and adaptable work ethic.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to enhanced pension scheme.
- Perkbox healthcare.
- 25 days annual leave.
- On-site health and wellbeing support, medical consultation and physiotherapy.
- Fantastic career progression and development opportunities.
- Relocation package.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53836 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53836
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 17th June 2022
- Expires: 15th July 2022