We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist with experience of Biophysical Characterisation to join a growing life sciences company based in the Edinburgh area. As the Principal Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation you will be responsible for contributing significantly to the scientific direction of the company as we continue to build the biophysical operations.
The role of Principal Scientist requires a strong communicator, who is an innovative and strategic thinker and who will relish combining aspects of leadership, project management, R&D and business development. This role requires in-depth knowledge and skills in various biophysical characterisation techniques including but not limited to SPR, GCI, ITC, and DSC.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Primary point of contact for the Biophysical team, providing scientific oversight, delivering guidance on experimental design, through to technical delivery where required. Leadership role in terms of group project planning, coordination and resource management.
2. Scientific point of contact for ongoing client relationships.
3. Line management of scientific staff and teams is an essential part of the role.
4. Delegation of project tasks across the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of client data and reports. Actively interrogating scientific literature to understand relevant technical protocols and advances as necessary for driving forward bespoke client projects.
5. Ensuring accurate record keeping of all experimental work in the team, from initial protocol development, accurate lab notes, through to write up of results, report production, and archiving.
6. Implementing quality control steps to ensure projects are conducted and delivered according to the standards expected, developing new or updating SOPs as required.
7. Reviewing and undertaking risk assessment of client projects and working with the team, and Senior management, to develop risk mitigation strategies and contingencies.
8. Taking an active role in nurturing new, and expanding existing, client relationships. Presenting the company's biophysical capabilities in an authoritative and engaging manner, in face-to-face meetings and by teleconferencing. Attending scientific and trade conferences to deliver oral presentations and posters and to assist in fielding enquiries to capture new commercial opportunities.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist - Biophysical Characterisation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in relevant subject area would be preferred, plus extensive experience working in CRO/pharma/biotech setting.
2. You will provide evidence of strong conceptual understanding of biophysical characterisation techniques.
3. A leader who can facilitate the development of new methodologies and techniques based on client demand and analysis of the competitive landscape.
Key Words: Biophysical characterisation, life sciences, drug development, Edinburgh
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636620
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 16th June 2022
- Expires: 14th July 2022