An opportunity has arisen within a national food company for a Chemical Laboratory Technician to join their team. You will be carrying out ELISA-based testing as well as sampling and testing raw materials for research and development projects. You will require a chemistry-based degree (or similar) and experience working with ELISA.
- Log samples, collect data, make measurements, and take action following the set guidelines.
- Carry out ELISA-based allergen testing, operating all relevant equipment.
- Relates own tasks to the delivery of company Quality Management goals.
- Perform required measurements and interpret findings.
- Carry out activities in accordance with internally approved protocols.
- Sample and test raw materials to determine appropriate functionality.
- Undertake research and development (R & D) projects under the supervision of the line/project manager.
- Use analytical techniques to analyse raw materials, and finished products and report against agreed standards.
- Perform tasks required to test and trial ideas.
- Gather, consolidate, analyse, and report data effectively using IT packages where applicable.
- Present technical information clearly and concisely.
- To observe Health & Safety regulations and follow guidelines and procedures in accordance with
- COSHH, as stipulated by the company.
- To maintain laboratories in a safe, tidy, and clean manner.
- BSc Chemistry / Biochemistry / Analytical Chemistry or related subject
- Theoretical understanding of chemistry or Biochemistry
- Laboratory practical skills
- Interpersonal skills - teamwork
- Organisational skills
- Previous experience with ELISA techniques
- Previous experience in an accredited analytical laboratory
- Understanding of food science
Competitive Salary - Pension - Holiday - Training Schemes - Employee Discount Schemes
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7408
- Posted: 16th June 2022
- Expires: 14th July 2022