Product Development Technician required, based in South Yorkshire. Chemistry degree preferred, with some hands-on laboratory experience. Formulation or Product Development experience beneficial. Applications from 2022 graduates welocme
Product Development Technician
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a hugely successful company who develop speciality colour products for a range of well-known clothing brands and retailers all over the world. Continuing their impressive growth and with a focus on sustainable and greener products, they are now looking for a Product Development Technician to join their R&D team. This role will support new product development, through formulation, raw material changes and scale up projects, as well as modifying and improving existing products. This would be a brilliant opportunity for a Science graduate who has some hand-on laboratory experience or equally someone with industrial experience of formulation or product development.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic and supportive team, working in a centre of excellence for this technology. Full training provided. 27 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, with some flexibility on start/finish times. Generous pension scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Formulating and developing brand new products in the lab from customer briefs for specific applications
- Evaluating new and alternative raw materials to formulate into new products
- Adapting and modifying formulations to solve problems with existing products
- Supporting scale up from lab to plant with manufacturing instructions and technical support to the production team
- Liaising with suppliers to discuss raw materials and new technologies
- Interfacing with the Applications Team to share feedback and adapt formulations as needed
- Benchmarking competitor products
- Working across a range of short-, medium- and long-term projects simultaneously,
- Writing technical reports for internal use and for external customers
- Degree in Chemistry or similar preferred
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory - whether at university or in industry
- Previous experience of formulating or developing products in a lab setting - highly beneficial but not essential
- Creative mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Good time and task management skills, able to change priorities when needed
- Strong, adaptable communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: wet chemistry, formulation, development, R&D, product development, laboratory, chemist, chemistry, NPD, graduate, formulating
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2164114
- Posted: 16th June 2022
- Expires: 14th July 2022