Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher - Computational Chemical Design and Modelling
Location: Jealotts Hill, Berkshire, Bracknell
Contract: 24 Months
We are working with a global leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably.. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our R&D site in Jealotts Hill, UK. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work on chemistry design problems in a multidisciplinary environment, with applications in a wide range of biological systems spanning plant, mammalian, and invertebrate biology.
The successful candidate will work on a project selected according to their prior experience, and will be able to demonstrate flexible teamwork and a tenacious approach to delivering innovative approaches to solve real-world problems in structure-based chemical design.
The successful candidate will have, or soon complete, a PhD or equivalent, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Computational structure-based chemical design, e.g. homology modelling; docking; virtual screening
- Computational prediction of protein structure
- Protein modelling and simulation
- Experimental protein structure determination, e.g. X-ray crystallography; cryo-electron microscopy
- Experimental methods for ligand-binding characterisation and structure-based chemical design, e.g. fragment screening; ITC; SPR
Syngenta will offer:
- Innovative and collaborative working environment
- 39.5 days annual holiday
- Competitive salary and benefits
If this sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Manpreet Bhullar on email@example.com and we can discuss this role further or others you may be better suited to.
Please note this role does not offer VISA sponsorship. To be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK and personally organise VISA arrangements if necessary.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165187
- Posted: 14th June 2022
- Expires: 12th July 2022