Process Development Scientist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience within manufacturing support or process optimisation and a degree within a scientific discipline.
Title: Process Development Scientist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading manufacturer of metal alloys used predominantly in the aerospace, nuclear and motorsport industries. With a global presence and a portfolio of growing products, they are now looking to hire a Process Development Scientist to join their technical team in Greater Manchester. This role will involve working in conjunction with materials scientists and supporting the production/manufacturing teams to achieve desired yields and would be fantastic opportunity for a degree-qualified Chemist or Chemical Engineer, who has experience of process development or support in a manufacturing environment.
Benefits: You will join a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals with a portfolio of growing products at an exciting time for the business. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and performance related bonus.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (with flexibility)
- Conducting evaluations on incoming raw material
- Optimising the current processes alongside production to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, enhance efficiency and achieving desired yields
- Altering controls, conditions and parameters as part of optimisation projects
- Running manufacturing trials, analysing and reporting on results of trials with statistical analysis
- Assist in interdepartmental issues concerning product quality
- Monitor process parameters and report on adverse trends
- Evaluate process performance and to advise on suitable corrective actions
- Investigating and troubleshooting issues which arise with manufacturing and production
- Educated to degree level within a scientific discipline (Chemistry or Chemical Engineering desirable)
- Proven industrial experience of manufacturing process support or process optimisation
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, chemical, manufacturing, process development, process optimisation, process improvement, continuous improvement, process controls, process chemistry, metal alloys, metal, degree, masters, PhD, BSc, MSc, BEng, Meng, MChem
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165320
- Posted: 14th June 2022
- Expires: 12th July 2022