Principal Scientist - Transcriptomics
SRG is delighted to be supporting a truly unique and innovative start-up biotech with their ongoing recruitment needs, as they continue to build their in-house research teams. Our client is focusing on the development of a highly novel synthetic biology platform to offer a range of cell therapeutics using CRISPR methodology to engineer iPSCs. Due to ongoing expansion of the business, they are now looking to appoint a Principal Scientist with a focus on Transcriptomics.
- Design and implement state-of-the art assays to characterise transcriptome changes, including scRNAseq and scATACseq in megakaryocytes and platelets from in vitro and in vivo platforms.
- Independent planning and execution of a wide range of robust experiments and technical studies, liaising with different teams to help guide future transcriptomics-based work streams.
- Plan, reviewing and interpret transcriptomics data, producing high-quality presentations to communicate results to senior leadership and peers.
- Contribute to authoring of technical and science reports to support IND filings.
- Work to existing SOPs and risk assessments. Contribute to generating new ones as appropriate.
- A relevant PhD and significant experience in the areas of transcriptomics.
- Extensive experience in molecular and cell biology with expertise in genomics and transcriptome analysis.
- Experience with mammalian cell and stem cell culture.
- Proven lab-based experience with protocol design, data recording, processing, and storage.
- Excellent molecular biology skills, including library preparation for DNA and RNA sequencing.
- Hands-on experience in developing NGS, single cell or spatial transcriptomics capabilities.
- Experience in handling and analysing scRNA-seq, scATAC-seq datasets.
- Some level of management experience in mentoring and supervising junior team members.
Please apply with a copy of your CV in word or alternatively reach out for more information: Paige Keenan firstname.lastname@example.org / 02039379660
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165340
- Posted: 13th June 2022
- Expires: 11th July 2022