Job Title: Downstream Processing - Principle Scientists
Employment Term: Permanent
Salary: From £35,000- £51,000
Benefits: Up to 35 + bank holidays, healthcare, bike schemes, dental and a generous pension scheme
SRG are working with a global company working with various forms of pharmaceutical products creating world class medicinal advances, we are looking for a Principle Scientist, you will act as a Downstream Lead within a project team to provide high quality experimental planning and work in the development, evaluation and characterisation of processes for the production of novel therapeutic products (particularly proteins).
* Acting as a Line Manager supporting and developing scientists within the group.
* Act as interface between associated project groups.
* To identify, design, implement and manage DSP experimental development programmes needed to develop, evaluate and characterise new processes for target molecules.
* To review experimental work, data and reports produced within R&D.
* Identify any scale-up requirements/issues within GMP manufacture.
* *To train and supervise the experimental work of other junior research staff.
* When required, participate in the technology transfer process to enable clinical manufacture of the target molecule, using the novel purification process, within the GMP environment. This may require direct involvement in clinical manufacture as an MF4 asset secondee or as a provider of technical support.
* To produce batch records for GMP manufacturing processes.
* To advise team members on the feasibility, suitability and efficacy of the downstream processes being developed.
To be considered for the Principle Scientist downstream role, you will either:
* Experience of Downstream Process development of pharmaceutical products process development, scale up, and manufacturing
* Understanding of regulatory environment, process development, and analytical technologies related to downstream protein purification technologies
* 2-8 years of technical experience at CDMO assisting in related purification technologies or other applicable role (e.g. supporting the development of biologics/advanced therapy products)
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Matthew on 0161 868 2205.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163176
- Posted: 13th June 2022
- Expires: 11th July 2022