Job Title: Radiosynthesis Chemist
Location: Northumberland (Relocation options available)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with a rapidly expanding pharmaceuticals company in Northumberland who work with various forms of pharmaceutical products are looking for a Radiosynthesis Chemists to join their growing team that works on the labelling of pharmaceuticals with radioisotopes bringing concepts to kilo manufacture
The successful Radiosynthesis Chemist will work on a range of radiochemical syntheses to GMP standards, particularly focusing on Carbon-14 (14C) chemistry. This will involve a range of duties including:
* Working on the full synthetic process from start to finish, including synthetic route design and the performance and management of syntheses
* The scale up of synthetic processes, although this will be working with relatively low scales
* In addition to radiochemistry, some standard synthesis of pharmaceuticals will also be involved
* You will take charge of certain small synthetic projects
To be considered for the Radiosynthesis Chemist role, you will either:
* Be educated to PhD level with your project focusing on synthetic organic chemistry
* Will have a degree (or equivalent) in chemistry with equivalent time in industry performing organic synthesis, preferably in pharmaceuticals.
It would be a bonus (but is not essential) for you to have experience with:
* Working to GMP standards
* Working with any radiochemistry/radioisotopes
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Matthew on 0161 868 2205.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165361
- Posted: 13th June 2022
- Expires: 11th July 2022