Material Characterisation Scientist
18 month contract
£21.00 per hour
CPL are partnering with a top 5 Pharma company who are recruiting for an experienced Material Characterisation Scientist. This a 18 month contract position in Sandwich in Kent and an opportunity to develop within a reputable Pharmaceutical company.
This role will be supporting within the Analytical Technology function of global supply technology and engineering,
• Determination of physical attributes for API’s/excipient’s using a range of characterisation techniques, including microscopy and both image and laser diffraction particle size.
• Determination of solid state attributes for API’s/excipient’s using a range of characterisation and thermodynamic techniques., including DSC, TGA and various spectroscopic methods.
• Optimization of tests to describe key API/excipient’s attributes, and how these relate to DP performance, which includes methods to assess flow, compression and segregation properties.
• Perform experiments in accordance with good laboratory practices (GLP), established business processes and protocols, and applicable SOPs.
• Document laboratory work that is detailed, timely and in compliance with GLP requirements
• Evaluating, interpreting and reporting of results through presentations and technical reports, particularly translation of scientific output and technical content into a language understood by wide customer base.
- Evidence of good laboratory and experimental skills.
- Ability to independently design and carry out experiments.
- Understanding of statistical and chemo metric approaches for data analysis and interpretation.
- Sound scientific judgement in own work and in problem solving
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Good awareness of laboratory safety
- Sound skills in literature searching and application of findings
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Independent, accountable, attention to detail, ability to effectively balance multiple projects, and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2204-490951
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 10th June 2022
- Expires: 8th July 2022