PhD Research Chemist specialising in Carbon Nanotubes required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a PhD in Chemistry and post-doc research surrounding Carbon Nanotubes.
Title: PhD Research Chemist - Carbon Nanotubes
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with an innovative company who specialise in the creation of speciality chemicals for a range of markets. They are now opening a new division which will focus on the research, synthesis and production of Carbon Nanotubes and are looking for a PhD Research Chemist to lead this work. The role will involve synthesis and manufacturing Carbon Nanotubes before testing their characteristics and properties to potentially be used in new and identified markets. This is an exciting time to join the business and lead the research in an area that has been identified as the future of the company.
Benefits: A leading role in a highly-respected, multi-national company, this will be based in a brand-new, purpose-built, state-of-the-art laboratory, reporting directly to the CTO. 38 working hours/week, 8.50am and 4.50pm, Mon-Fri. Excellent company pension and bonus potential, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Establishing and running the new laboratory with minimal supervision
- Conducting and managing projects to develop new and innovative ways of manufacturing Carbon Nanotubes
- Designing and carrying out lab-based experiments, synthesis and characterisation of Carbon Nanotubes
- Using literature, market trends and industry conferences to inform development of synthetic routes, reaction mechanisms and production methods
- Establishing test methods, interpreting resulting analysis and reporting on findings
- PhD in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven post-doc research experience of synthesising, characterising and manufacturing Carbon Nanotubes
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Carbon Nanotubes, CNT, CNTs, synthesis, characterisation, characterise, manufacture, manufacturing, post-doc, PhD, Chemistry, carbon atoms, graphene, hexagonal lattice, allotrope, hollow cylinder, cylindrical molecule, single-layer carbon atoms, discharge, laser ablation, graphite, chemical vapor deposition, CVD
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2164747
- Posted: 9th June 2022
- Expires: 7th July 2022