Informatics support - Group Manager
HRS are working with a world leading global platform business who's innovative technologies have consistently aided in the development of life changing pharmaceutical products across multiple therapeutic areas. Operating globally, they are currently seeking to hire a Group manager to lead the UK Informatics team based in Oxfordshire.
This position will join the senior European management team in leading the organisational processes and infrastructure for research based informatics teams. This will be an excellent opportunity to move into a SLT role for someone with proven experience in scientific software lifecycle management & E-Learning platforms within a Pharmaceutical (ideally R&D / Drug Discovery) setting.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
Leading the organisational function of a UK research informatics team, this position will join the Senior European management team to support the ongoing work of the global informatics teams. Key duties will include:
1. Managing informatics streams, supporting software asset lifecycles and managing the budget for informatics developments.
2. Managing all aspects of scientific software's, leading procurement of subscriptions, licences, etc. Manage vendor relationships and work closely with IT support to coordinate informatics software development projects, implementing & upgrading as required.
3. Facilitating the global informatics learning & training processes - ensuring internal & external stakeholders are fully informed on latest software capabilities & functions.
4. Leading the Informatics project & office teams / processes to coordinate local projects with the global network and maintain standards.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientific Data Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant higher qualification (MSc, PhD etc.) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical or Biological science.
2. Proven industry experience in leading cross functional teams and managing scientific software lifecycles, ideally in a GxP environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with E-Learning platforms, basic database systems & Budget / Financial principles.
Key Words: Informatics, Computational, Software Lifecycle, R&D, Pharmaceutical, GxP,
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636565
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 9th June 2022
- Expires: 7th July 2022