An exciting opportunity has arisen for a principal design engineer to join a revolutionary clean energy business at its state-of-the-art facility in Surrey. principal design engineer, you will work with a highly motivated, dynamic, and rapidly growing team of engineers working of products including sub-assemblies, 2D & 3D drawings, and general assemblies for the next generation of clean energy solutions.
The role gives an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to innovate, expand their design skill and personal development and to become a recognised leader in this exciting and growing field.
- Deliver robust design solutions that fulfil the fundamental design requirements.
- Generate design requirements and identify risk areas.
- Develop 3D CAD and engineering drawings for motor components and assemblies, along with test rigs and assembly fixtures.
- Review and approve work completed by others.
- Understand and comply with relevant International Standards.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies, and systems from concept to proof of principle. Lead other engineering colleagues as required to support this.
- Develop innovative and novel concepts with high value IP while considering freedom to operate.
Skills and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline with an appreciable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
- Capable of performing hand calculations to provide initial design direction and confidence in simulation results.
- High level of knowledge of 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Understanding of physical failure methods and approaches to root cause analysis.
- Good grasp of design verification approaches and ability to define suitable test methods.
- Knowledge of power system design, including motors, transmissions, and energy storage solutions.
- An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems.
- Experience using ANSYS Workbench.
- Experience of any relevant manufacturing process simulation techniques.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Company Performance Bonus (Discretionary) - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Life insurance & private medical expenses insurance scheme (Available after 3-month probation)
Hours: 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Role: Full Time, PermanentLocation: Cranleigh, Guildford SURREY
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7400
- Posted: 8th June 2022
- Expires: 6th July 2022