Bids & Grants Manager, Life Sciences
Location: North West England
Are you an experienced Bid / Grant Manager with a proven track record winning funding from a number of sources for Research and Commercial ventures from multiple funding channels within the Life Sciences?
Working for a prestigious life sciences organisation with a strong reputation for innovation and technological development, our client is seeking to recruit a Bids & Grants Manager to lead the organisations funding stream applications.
You’ll be working as part of a multidisciplinary team of experts with close liaison with external stakeholders. You will take full responsibility for all aspects of funding applications for the organisation and its partners. This will include the identification of appropriate funding opportunities and spear-heading the approach to applying and winning these funding opportunities. This role wold suit an experience bid/tender/Grant writer with a deep understanding of funding revenues open to the Life Sciences sector. Seeking funding opportunities from international sources you will work closely with different sector specialists to compile innovative applications to access funding/revenue streams. You will have a consultative approach and able to prioritise multiple applications with excellent attention to detail and target driven to meant tight deadlines. This role is an office based role working from NW England but with some flexibility of occasional days working from home.
Some duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with life science funding organisations internationally
- Source and champion funding propositions of the organisation and partners
- Own the grant application process – seek input from stakeholder specialist to fulfil all aspects of the grant application to produce a compelling propositions for both single and joint venture bids
- Validate all critical information submission from IP proposition, project schedule, cost and commercial returns/opportunities
- Manage the progress of all on-going applications
- Work closely with SMT to keep all parties aware of application progress and any issues/problems
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified (PhD referred); ideally within a Life Sciences relevant discipline
- Knowledgeable on UK and EU grant schemes and aware of International funding bodies
- Extensive report writing experience for key UK funding bodies
- Experienced in all aspects of grant applications.
- Knowledgeable on project planning and/or project management
- Good knowledge of life sciences (ie biotechnology, biopharma, Pharma IVD).
- Experienced of commercialisation of projects and translation science of research through to product development
- Knowledge of business analytics, business planning, private finance, and IP.
- Strong team worker, highly organised with excellent attention to detail and able to work on multiple projects and achieve tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
- Agency: Taylorollinson
- Contact: Richard Taylor
- Posted: 8th June 2022
- Expires: 6th July 2022