An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior catalyst scientist to join a revolutionary clean energy business at its state-of-the-art facility in Surrey. As a senior catalyst scientist, you will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team working on building and testing protypes for the next generation of clean energy solutions.
This is a hands-on role based at our client's facility where alongside other members of the UC Materials team, you will have responsibility for developing and guiding the design of key catalyst materials used within our fuel cell systems; specifically, Anode and Cathode electrode systems with particular attention to aspects such as reversal tolerance, contamination tolerance, kinetics, and stability.
This role gives an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to innovate and expand their technical skills in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
- Developing, expanding, and maintaining a portfolio of electrode materials to support development of fuel cell and electrolyser platforms for a variety of applications.
- Engaging in supplier management to drive the development and refinement of catalyst materials from both a next-generation R&D and an Engineering Robustness perspective.
- Guide characterisation, fabrication, and testing of catalysts and catalyst layers
- Be a key expert with critical knowledge around catalyst and catalyst layer kinetics, contamination, and stability for fuel cells and electrolysers.
Skills and Experience
- Ideally a PhD or master's degree in electrochemistry, materials science, or related field
- Commercial experience developing materials for fuel cells,
- Experience with catalyst materials and their behaviour in fuel cells and electrolysers.
- Knowledge of stability and contamination mechanisms in in electrochemical devices.
- Experience assessing and improving contamination tolerance and the stability of catalyst materials
- Further academic experience in electrochemistry, materials science, or related subject
- Previous commercial or academic experience in:
- Selecting, designing, and synthesizing catalyst materials for fuel cells and electrolysers.
- Sythesising catalyst inks/ slurries for fuel cells and electrolysers.
- Line management experience.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: Company Performance Bonus (Discretionary) - 25 Days Holiday + Banks - Life insurance & private medical expenses insurance scheme (Available after 3-month probation)
Hours: 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Role: Full Time, PermanentLocation: Cranleigh, Guildford SURREY
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7397
- Posted: 7th June 2022
- Expires: 5th July 2022