Senior Data Scientist
HRS are recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to join an innovative Biotech company based in the Cambridge area. Having grown rapidly and with two oncological products progressing into clinical trials, this position will be key to developing methods for statistical associations between microbiota composition and healthy / disease states.
This will be an ideal opportunity for a Data Scientist / Computational Scientist to be involved in the early stage development of novel live bacterial therapeutics.
Key duties and responsibilities:
In this role as Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
1. Analysis association of large-scale biological datasets (metagenomics / transcriptomics etc.) using clinical metadata.
2. Developing & identifying new analytical, statistical & machine learning methods to continuously improve and expand the informatics platform.
3. Provide statistical input into study designs & analysis plans for complex data sets.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD (or equivalent experience) in Data Science, Statistics or a related discipline.
2. A working knowledge and practical experience with machine learning methods, e.g.: clustering, feature selection, dimension reduction, tree-based models.
3. Proficient with a high-level programming language, e.g.: Python, R, Go
4. Experience of working with clinical datasets, patient metadata or metagenomics data.
Key Words: Data Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Metagenomics, Bacterial, Microbiota
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636577
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 7th June 2022
- Expires: 5th July 2022