A growing renewable energy company has an exciting opportunity for a Polymer Scientist to join its Membrane Engineering team. Working in a small yet agile team, your role will be to design new or modify existing high-performance polymeric membranes including developing membrane recipes, fabrication procedures, and characterization techniques. To be considered you must be educated to BSc or above in a relevant subject and have previous experience in membrane development and hollow fiber production.
- Design new or modify existing high performance polymeric membranes
- Develop membrane recipes, fabrication procedures, and characterization techniques
- Scale up hollow fiber manufacturing process and procedures
- Implement new and improved membrane manufacturing processes
- Evaluate membrane separation performance in support of process development
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of chemical engineers and material scientists to design membrane materials
- Analyze data and effectively communicate through write reports and/or presentation of the results
- Provide leadership in safety best practices as appropriate to development, and related activities
- Schedule and coordinate projects to align with deadlines, milestones, and budgets
- Other related duties as assigned
- PhD. or MS in Membrane Engineering, Chemical engineering, Polymer chemistry, Organic chemistry or Material science
- Significant hands-on experience in membrane development and hollow fiber production
- Ability to lead and manage small to medium projects
- Hands-on work in the lab with experience leading troubleshooting and root cause investigations.
- Capable of clear and concise written and verbal communication through reports, status updates, presentations, etc.
What will make you stand out from the crowd:
- Good knowledge of membrane separations, process engineering, instrumental analysis, and mechanical engineering is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in statistical design of experiments and Six Sigma is desirable
You must have the right to work in Canada.
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7393
- Posted: 7th June 2022
- Expires: 5th July 2022