CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join a chemical company at their site based in Knowsley on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £24,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our client manufacture metal stearate chemicals and merchant complimentary metal stearate and esters manufactured by the group manufacturing sites in Italy and Spain. The products are generally milled into fine powders and are used in a variety of business sectors including plastics, building materials, personal care and feed.
Laboratory Technician Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Carrying out QC analysis which includes:
- Wet titrations to determine Free Fatty Acid contents
- Moisture contents
- Ash contents
- Particle size distributions
- Bulk densities
- Preparation of certificates of analysis and dispatching of these to customers
- Maintaining the laboratory inventories
- Maintaining the laboratory in a good clean condition.
- Processing of production records into the stock computer system.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experienced laboratory technician.
- Good communication, literacy and numeracy. Handwriting will need to be neat and legible.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer service.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and concepts such as hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures.
- Possess good organisational skills in order to plan work load.
- Capable of working on own and within team.
- Reliable with excellent attendance and time keeping
There are no formal minimum qualification requirements.
Experience of working within a laboratory setting is vital.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53762 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53762
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 7th June 2022
- Expires: 5th July 2022