Director for Target Identification
HRS are working in partnership with a global healthcare organisation who will be opening a new centre for genetic research, near to Oxford. The facility will be a huge investment & will utilise computational biology, state-of-the-art discovery screening technologies, genetics and human-centric cell systems to identify novel drug targets, and begin their journey towards improving patient outcomes the world over.
As part of this exciting development, we are looking to hire a Director to lead a department for genetic target identification.
As Director for the target identification department you will drive genetic led target identification across therapeutic areas, setting a strategic direction and managing a growing team.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
This position will join the senior leadership team of a growing research site and take direct responsibility for leading the department for genetic target identification. Key duties will include:
1. Managing the ongoing work within the Target Identification team, ensuring a growth in delivery of targets to GDD including genetics-based safety profiling
2. Oversee the appropriate publication and presentation of precompetitive research
3. Act as a member of the senior site management team, providing direction and ensuring high levels of collaboration with local & international teams.
4. Represent the Business in scientific collaborations with external research groups.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Director for Target Identification we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A higher academic background in a field relevant to genetic target identification and an excellent knowledge of human genetics applied in the cardiometabolic disease or rare disease space.
2. Practical experience & proven record of using genetics to identify causal genes.
3. Proven leadership experience, with the ability & passion to communicate the value of human genetics to non-experts.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636510
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th May 2022
- Expires: 10th June 2022