£25,000 to £40,000 (grade (1 or 2) of scientist will depend on your experience)
SRG are working with an exciting biopesticide research organisation who are currently recruiting for a Biopesticide Scientist to join their growing Technical Team. With significant recent investments they are driving their sustainability, their bioactive products and their technological patented innovations. In recent times they have made adjustments to their business plan and are now performing all of their innovative research themselves. Thus, they need to grow their team of scientists to develop their biological testing capacity; design, test and validate experimental protocols; analyse and report data; and work alongside internal and external functions and CROs. You must have industrial biological screening experience (or similar) and/ or performed significant research within the field.
- Managing cultures of insects, plants and plant pathogens
- Biological testing methodological development
- Running/supporting lab & glass house to test efficacy of biopesticides
- Biological testing protocol validation
- Performing/supporting with data analysis and reporting
- Liaising with CRO partners to organise field trials
- Ensure safe working environment (GLP/ GEP)
- Biological research background
- Industrial experience running/supporting relevant experiments (ideally in biological screening or similar)
- Ideally experience in handling plant protection products, or microbiological, entomological, plant pathological or seed testing
- Practical work experience in a regulated (GLP/ ISO/ GEP) environment
- Effective and clear presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical reasoning
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, biopesticides, biochemistry, sustainability, crop protection, microencapsulation, biostimulant, terpene, pesticide, plant protection, agrochemicals, entomology, plant pathology, microbial, biological screening, GLP, GEP, laboratory, pest control
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2165010
- Posted: 13th May 2022
- Expires: 10th June 2022