An opportunity has arisen for a laboratory technician to join the QC department of a specialist manufacturer of plastics and adhesives at their facility in Greater Manchester. As a laboratory technician you will work as part of the quality, carrying out analysis tests on various raw materials and applications using instruments including GC-MS, FTIR, UV and Karl Fischer. Using this data, you will contribute towards the development of new and existing products.
To be successful as a chemist you should ideally hold a chemistry or closely related degree and ideally possess hands-on experience using the mentioned instruments or similar in a previous QC role within a commercial laboratory.
QC Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- Daily operation of analytical and physical testing instruments within the laboratory.
- Generate, analyse, and interpret data gained through various test methods and provide detailed reports to senior staff.
- Use acquired data results to contribute towards the development and improvement of new and existing products.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for a clean and safe workplace.
QC Laboratory Technician Requirements:
- Ideally educated to at least degree level within a chemistry, analytical or closely related discipline.
- Possess hands-on experience using the mentioned instruments or similar in a previous QC role within a commercial laboratory.
- Pro-active approach to laboratory work is essential.
- Ability to work alone, without supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with strong data interpretation and report writing skills.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Benefits: Profit Related Bonus - Contributory Pension - Health-care - 23 Days Holiday + Banks
Working Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm: Monday - Friday
Role: 12 Month FTC
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7372
- Posted: 13th May 2022
- Expires: 10th June 2022