CK Group are recruiting for a Technical Assessor with prior experience to join a hazardous waste management company based near Liverpool, on a full time, permanent basis.
This role is with a global family-owned company who operate in a number of companies world-wide. Suitable for a Technical Assessor who has gained some experience in the role, the successful candidate will liaise internally with Operations, Commercial and Customer Services staff as well as externally with Customers. You will operate the company's sales enquiry and sales administrative function from receipt of enquiries through to quotations, onward routing, invoicing, and procedural control and will ensure through technical assessment, compliance and current legislation, that all enquiries are processed in a timely manner. The company offers a salary in the range of £21.000-£24.500 depending on experience as well as bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, death in service, cycle to work and other benefits.
This role is based at the company's site near Liverpool.
Your main duties will be to:
- Technically assess all waste enquiries generated by the sales team or direct enquiries
- Ensure compliance of all waste quotes with current legislation, permits, Waste Management Licences and within strict KPI?s
- Ensure that quotations produced and processed are in accordance with the current company sales strategy and within strict KPI?s.
- Liaise with internal and external laboratories where sample analysis is required.
- Identify appropriate disposal routes for all packaged and bulk waste.
- To control waste acceptance/analysis operations in line with the company?s ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Liaise with customers, operations, compliance, customer services and sales to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with existing clients and 3rd parties to fulfil customer requirements
- Provide booking service for customers and create sales orders
- Work with Operations for off-site disposal
- Assist in Duty of Care audits for existing and new customers.
- To identify and report on opportunities and trends in the site?s technical control/analysis systems, so that the Company can effectively develop its continuous improvement programme.
- To maintain effective record keeping and documentation to accepted/approved methods and procedures.
- The Technical Assessor can influence acceptance strategy by his/her decision by ensuring the most advantageous solution within the guidelines of the company's key targeted plans.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in Chemistry, ideally degree qualified in Chemistry
- Prior technical assessing experience - essential
- An appreciation and understanding of technical/ chemical waste analysis
- Committed, flexible and pragmatic team player who takes a professional approach
- Problem Solver with a positive can-do attitude
- Numerate with an understanding of business costing
- IT literate in Microsoft office essential; SAP experience is desirable
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53652 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53652
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th May 2022
- Expires: 10th June 2022