We are currently looking for a Group Lead to join a growing biotechnology organisation based in the Oxfordshire area.
The company are involved with developing ground-breaking biological solutions to sustainably and safely control insects that transmit disease and destroy crops.
As the Group Lead you will be responsible for mass rearing of our agricultural products, and you will be responsible for the development of large-scale rearing solutions, thoughtfully engineering around biological constraints to allow high throughput, low-cost insect production. Working in conjunction with the engineering and production teams you will lead the smooth introduction and optimisation of new equipment and novel insect production processes for key agricultural production and release programs. This position involves taking our current concepts from prototype to commercial solution and will require both scientific and engineering insight.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Group Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Developing a strong, cross-functional team ethos, making the most of your direct team and building strong interfaces with other technical functions;
2. Improving existing processes and equipment solutions and be spearheading the development of new ones in line with the business expectations;
3. Test, evaluate and report on processes and equipment progress;
4. Working with external providers to ensure rapid and smooth information transfer to deliver timely next steps;
5. Managing projects in line with critical path for both internal and customer related deliverables;
6. Gathering the necessary technical and/or production information from trials;
7. Ensuring end products match the customer requirements & expectations
8. Clear and timely reporting for a senior audience on progress and timelines for delivery in both written and PowerPoint presentation formats.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Group Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. At least degree qualified in a life sciences or engineering focussed discipline. In addition to this, you will be able to demonstrate significant experience in any product or process development field, with relevant fields likely to be food, pharma and farming.
2. You will have a strong interest in the biological sciences. You will have experience bringing automation into biological systems and experience within production type environments would be beneficial.
3. Responsive to the needs of an international business working across different time zones, adapting working patterns in-line with business requirements.
Key Words: Group Lead | Manufacturing | Product Development | Process Development | Biotechnology |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636504
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th May 2022
- Expires: 9th June 2022