Our client has more than 11,000 people worldwide with operations in the U.S., Asia, Europe & Japan and is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. They define their corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families, and to increasing the benefits health care provides".
In Eisai?s Hatfield Research Labs, the teams focus on the identification of drug targets for neurological diseases (especially Alzheimer?s disease and Parkinson?s disease). Drug targets are investigated with a view to discovering compounds and other agents that could modulate the target to give benefit in disease. As such, the lab sets up the biological know-how around targets of interest and then initiates drug discovery campaigns. This requires the disciplines of biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology and molecular biology. Integration of these efforts is how projects are set up and run.
Research Biologist/Senior Research Biologist Role:
As a Research Biologist/Senior Research Biologist, you will be working within the biology function on neuroscience drug targets and focusing on the development and utilisation of complex cell-based and biochemical assays for drug identification and pharmacological profiling. As such, knowledge and experience of cell maintenance, assay development, compound profiling are essential. Results will also need to be carefully documented, analysed and then discussed with team members.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Research Scientist: BSc / MSc in bioscience with some relevant and proven experience.
- Senior Research Biologist: PhD in a Bioscience (e.g. Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology) or related discipline.
- Relevant lab-based experience, either within academia or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of a wide range of in vitro biochemical and cellular techniques (e.g. cell culture, microscopy/imaging, molecular biology, antibody use, protein and enzyme techniques).
- Knowledge and experience of assay development and working with in vitro systems for drug discovery.
- The ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems
- The ability to work in a team and to enjoy teamwork.
- The ability to work in the pharmaceutical industry with good attention to detail.
- The ability to document experimental work to a high level.
- The desire to work in early phase drug discovery as applied to neurodegenerative disease.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53423 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53423
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 12th May 2022
- Expires: 9th June 2022