CK Group are recruiting for a Technical Specialist, to join the Research and Development team of a leading CRO at their site in Reading on a permanent basis.
About the client:
Our client is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Their diverse pipeline of projects varies from creating new products, validating medicines and completing analytical investigations. The are a global leader in their field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
The Food R&D Team supports in-house research, development and quality programs as well collaborating with external businesses from start-ups to multinationals to develop and manufacture products that are safe, innovative and of the highest standard.
The protein and carbohydrates characterization technical specialist role sits within the Functional Ingredients laboratory which provides analytical and technical support in relation to raw materials, finished products, novel foods and production issues.
The role will provide expert technical guidance and creative problem solving in protein and carbohydrate chemistry and characterisation. This will require evaluation of emerging technologies to lead a new service offering (e.g. manufacturing processes, NPD, analytical methodology) and deliver expert scientific solutions to the business.
Projects lead by this individual span a number of analytical techniques including chromatography, mass spectrometry, SDS-PAGE and electrophoresis, and focus on exciting new areas of food such as alternative proteins, human milk oligosaccharides and novel ingredients, with unique industry regulatory challenges to overcome.
About the role:
In order to lead these projects effectively, this individual will keep abreast of scientific developments in the novel ingredients, protein and carbohydrate sciences area and will represent the organisation externally at relevant scientific symposia, expert working groups and external commercial events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert consultancy both internally and to external clients.
- Actively guiding a portfolio of analytical techniques globally to ensure delivery of world class food characterisation capabilities.
- Utilising expertise to significantly impact direction of work done by others.
- Leading a range of specialist investigative analytical projects in the protein and carbohydrate characterisation area.
- Guiding complex analysis and interpretation of data for both standard and emergency analysis.
- Ensuring timely delivery of high-quality data and prioritising work accordingly against project timelines and stakeholder requirements.
- Ensuring effective communication of incoming requests as well as results and actionable next steps. Working with clients to help solve problems.
- Using expertise to contribute to group technical projects and enable the generation of new external business by monitoring and evaluating scientific advances which will keep the business at the forefront of niche analytical services.
To be considered for the position, you should ideally have the following skills and expertise:
- Proven experience in state-of-the-art sample preparation techniques, analysis of mono- di- oligo- and polysaccharides, advance protein characterisation and novel ingredients using a range of analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, CE, IEC, and SEC.
- Knowledge of ingredient functionality, manufacturing process and technologies
- Extensive scientific understanding of key analytical techniques and complex data/result interpretation
Our client offers an exception range of benefits, including:
- Excellent basic salarie
- Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Annual performance related bonu
- Very competitive company pension schem
- 27 days annual leave with the option to purchase up to 5 days mor
- Private medical insuranc
- Life Assurance
- Employee perks scheme
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53558 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53558
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 11th May 2022
- Expires: 8th June 2022