CK Science are recruiting for a highly experienced Neuroscientist at Senior/ Principal level, with an in-depth knowledge of CNS neurodegeneration and ion channel biology, to join an innovative biotechnology company based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Our client is a leader in drug discovery and development to fight against cancer and diseases of the central nervous system.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and experienced Scientist with expertise in CNS neurodegeneration and ion channel biology. They will help identify the most therapeutically attractive neurodegeneration targets within our clients platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your in-depth CNS and ion channel knowledge to drug discovery.
Other responsibilities include to:
- Contribute to the neurodegeneration drug discovery projects
- Support the ion channel biology activities to select the most biologically exciting ion channel targets for neurodegeneration.
- Provide leadership of biology activities in the ion channel area, including coaching junior scientists and developing assays and interpreting biological data.
- Expand our clients network in the ion channel area (internal and external) through interactions with collaborators and CROs
- PhD or MSc with equivalent experience in a biological science, plus several years? experience in a drug discovery environment, gained in industry.
- Disease expertise in neurodegeneration is essential, as well as experience in models of CNS neurodegeneration (in vitro and ideally in vivo).
- Experience in ion channel biology, electrophysiology and cell imaging techniques.
- Supervisory or project team leadership experience.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53625 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53625
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 11th May 2022
- Expires: 8th June 2022