Job Title: Principal Hydrogel Scientist
Employment Term: Permanent
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
Benefits: Share options in the company
SRG are working with Emerging optical drug developer, who are creating new treatments for retinal diseases. The purpose of this role is to provide the scientific and technical expertise needed to break through the developmental challenges that the development and characterisation of Hydrogel Materials present
* Designing and characterising hydrogel applications for drug delivery applications.
* Perform Invitro analytical and characterising techniques.
* Support and innovate surrounding ophthalmic therapeutics
* Interpret data and provide recommendations for further experimentation
* Provide supervisory support where required
* Contribute to the wider running of the laboratory ensuring the highest standards are maintained
The successful candidate will have:
* PhD or equivalent experience in life sciences, materials science, chemistry, or related scientific discipline
* Expertise in the design, characterisation and application of Hydrogel Materials
* Experience of biologics assay development, optimisation and qualification.
* Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, IEF)
* Chromatography (SEC, RP-HPLC, AEX, HILIC)
* Immunoassays (ELISA, Potency, HCP)
* Knowledge of drug delivery and membrane absorption, desirable hands on knowledge of drug delivery to the eye, and the implications deliverables (topical, gum and cheek also desirable)
* Work with Peptides and Gels and protein purification is desired
* Knowledge of invitro Pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Matthew.email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Matt on 0161 868 2205.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2164916
- Posted: 10th May 2022
- Expires: 7th June 2022