CK Group are working in partnership with a biotechnology company to recruit an Application Scientist, to join them at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
The Company: An exciting opportunity to join a growing company that is passionate about driving scientific discoveries to cure debilitating diseases.
Rewards: Competitive compensation plus bonus, pension, life assurance, share options, generous annual leave, health and wellbeing support, medical cover, cycle to work and/or electric car scheme.
As an Application Scientist, you will help maintain and develop our clients data management infrastructure, which is core to their ability to derive unique scientific insights and make data-driven decisions to progress drug discovery processes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To work closely with the Data Manager and scientific teams to use data modelling practices to define appropriate data systems, structures and processes.
- Design and map business requirements to system and technical solutions.
- Contribute to the writing and communication of technical specifications.
- Implement and configure internal tools for data and metadata management.
- Support other staff in delivering technical solutions including helping to resolve any issues.
- Assist in testing, training, troubleshooting and maintenance of data systems
- A minimum of 3+ years? experience in data management, analysis or process improvement in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology context.
- Degree or strong background in Biosciences or a related field.
- Experience with Chem-/Bio-informatics platforms such as Dotmatics, Benchling or similar is an advantage.
- Experience in Python programming language is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with SQL databases or similar tools is a plus.
- Experience with data modelling, process flow analysis, requirements definition is a plus.
- Experience working with vendors is a plus.
- Familiarity with FAIR principles of data management.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 53617.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53617
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th May 2022
- Expires: 6th June 2022