Role: Environmental Officer
Location: Leamington Spa
Duration: 18 months
Rate: £33,696 per annum + 10% retention payment
Who we are: The Rosalind Franklin Laboratory (RFL) is part of the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) Laboratory network and is at the heart of the UK’s response to manage coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
When scaled up to full capacity, the laboratory will be able to process hundreds of thousands of tests a day, adding to what is already the largest network of diagnostic testing facilities in British history. It will play an important role in stopping the transmission of COVID-19, as well as ensuring the nation can respond quickly and at greater scale to deal with pandemics and other future threats.
The site has considerable benefits to the local area in terms of job creation and putting Royal Leamington Spa on the international scientific map with world-leading technology.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
Be part of a small but dynamic team implementing and maintaining an innovative environmental management system covering all aspects of operations carried out at the laboratory, thus contributing to its success as a world leading organisation.
Meet and work alongside people from many different disciplines and at all levels of the organisation, gaining an understanding how everyone can play a part in ensuring that the laboratory upholds the strictest environmental standards.
Progress actions and ideas to help the laboratory improve its environmental performance making it a place where everyone is proud to work.
- Assisting in the implementation and management of the environmental management system at the Rosalind Franklin Laboratory
- Ensuring that EMS requirements are established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Co-ordinating internal EMS audits to ensure the EMS has been properly implemented and maintained
- Handling and investigating nonconformities and progressing corrective action(s) to mitigate any impacts caused
- Maintaining compliance of the Environmental processes and documentation at Rosalind Franklin Laboratory to meet the requirements of Regulators
- Driving continuous improvements in the Environmental Management System at the Rosalind Franklin Laboratory
- Undertaking internal environmental audits and reporting findings to relevant management
- Undertaking environmental assessments / risk evaluations
- Report and procedure writing
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills & experience:
- Experience of working in a laboratory setting working to relevant ISO accreditation standards
- Experience of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) within a laboratory environment
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including assessment bodies on all areas of quality and compliance
- Experience in conducting internal audits
- An understanding of how the sites procedures relate in the larger regulatory environment and an ability to place them in context
- A good understanding of ISO 14001:2015
- Ability to communicate to people at all levels of the organisation
In return we offer you: You will receive a minimum 18-month contract and competitive rate of pay £33,696 and a 10% retention payment (paid at 9 and 18 months). Additional benefits include Company Sick Pay, Covid Sick Pay and Overtime Pay.
Hours of work will be 9 to 5:30 Monday-Friday
- Agency: Fuel Recruitment
- Contact: Abi Docking
- Reference: EO
Website: Fuel Recruitment
- Updated: 9th May 2022
- Expires: 6th June 2022