Senior Development Technologist required based in Tyne and Wear. Requiring proven industrial experience of developing/formulating coatings, polymers, lacquers and/or adhesives. Candidates with a PhD are encouraged to apply.
Title: Senior Development Technologist
Location: Tyne and Wear
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with an innovative producer of coatings and speciality products that have been established for over 40 years. As an expansion of their Development Team, they are now seeking to hire a Senior Development Technologist based on their site in Tyne & Wear. This role will involve supporting in the development of both new and existing products, as well as laboratory and pilot scale development leading to full scale production trials. Candidates with a PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science or Polymer Science are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: You will be joining a leading and innovative producer of coatings and speciality products, as part of the expansion of the development team. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and possibility of a bonus.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (with flexibility)
- Undertake product development activities as required to support the current product range and develop new products in line with business strategy
- Product development activities to include laboratory formulation work mainly targeting lacquers and adhesives, plus the combining of various coatings to meet customer product requirements
- Manage on-site and customer trials as required
- Manage multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner adhering to quality, health, safety and environment policies at all times
- Ensure thorough validation of new and modified products prior to manufacturing implementation
- Play a significant part in developing laboratory processes and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities associated with new and existing products and processes
- Develop into a position to provide technical expertise to the sales and sales support teams
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with raw material suppliers, customer contacts and key personnel at other sites
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or similar
- PhD candidates are encouraged to apply for this role
- Proven industrial experience of formulating and developing coatings, lacquers and/or adhesives
- Strong communication skills
- Complex problem solving skills and adaptability
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, resin, adhesive, sealant, filler, industrial paint, solvent based, water based, research, research and development, hobby and craft, anti-corrosive, high performance, polymer, material science, lacquer
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2163094
- Posted: 9th May 2022
- Expires: 6th June 2022