A rapidly expanding spin-out company is seeking a talented Chemical Process Engineer to join its team. As part of the technical team you will be working on taking proven lab scale innovation to industry scale production. You will play a key role in a small, motivated team to deliver customer development projects on the applications of biobased materials.
Candidates for this wide-ranging role, working across multiple applications, will possess a degree level qualification in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering coupled with industrial scale-up experience.
Chemical Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Chemical Engineer, on scale-up of the processes for manufacturing the company's biobased material and the application of that material in microcapsules, films and coatings
- Collaborate with a team of lab-based research scientists and execute work to high standards using different processing and measuring equipment.
- Design and optimise processes at Lab and/or Pilot scale.
- Support with the design of experiments, developing formulations of materials, making batch samples, test properties of materials, and trial manufacture and scale-up.
- Support the build and implementation of a pilot continuous line and subsequent trialling of the line for food safe production of plant protein microcapsules.
- Support regulatory, certification and Quality work
- Liaise with external partners and customers in the scoping of equipment, development of samples and pilot trials.
Chemical Process Engineer Requirements:
- A degree level qualification in Chemical Engineering/Process Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Industrial experience working in a lab setting, at small or pilot scale. Developing new processes and scale-up from lab to full scale manufacturing.
- Ideally training and experience in Process and Product Understanding and Design of Experiments.
- Technical experience with coatings, films or chemicals and process scale-up would be hugely advantageous.
- Experience of supporting regulatory, certification and quality work.
- Good practical lab/development/prototyping skills
- A good understanding of lab and chemical process safety.
- The right fit for a small, science-led, innovative team - independent, inquisitive, inventive, and ambitious, with a flexibility to work from hands-on lab testing through to communicating with customers.
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. £Comp + company benefits
Chemical Process Engineer/Scale-Up/Small Batch Production/Microcapsules/Films/FMCG/Food/Chemicals/
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7361
- Posted: 6th May 2022
- Expires: 3rd June 2022