CK Group are recruiting for a Shift Quality Control Technician to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based in Leeds on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client manufactures a broad range of chemicals used in a variety of industry sectors. They now have an immediate vacancy for a QC Technician to join the team. This would suit an experienced quality control professional, or they may consider a graduate chemist. The main purpose of this role will be to assist the Q.C. Supervisor in the effective and efficient functioning of the Quality Control Laboratory, and to ensure that all products and raw materials are tested and approved within official specifications and in accordance with the Quality Control Manual.
The shifts are 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm Monday-Friday, rotating on a weekly basis. The company offers a salary of £25,000pa as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, 13% total pension, and performance related bonuses.
The Shift QC Technician will is based at the company's site in Leeds which is easily commutable by road from surrounding areas.
Shift QC Technician Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Ensure manufactured products and raw materials are tested and approved within the specifications
- Ensure that all calibration systems are followed and that records are maintained
- Ensure any sampling performed is in accordance with the sampling plan for the specific raw material or manufactured product & that all retained samples are labelled and stored
- Correctly process and update records as necessary, all Production/Quality documentation and to ensure any files are maintained as required
- Issue Certificates of Analysis
- Book in Goods Received (raw materials) and generate supplier non-conformance reports where necessary
- Assist the Q.C. Supervisor in the control of Reject Batches / Concessions / Quarantine Material, as well as in the control of products out of shelf life
- Maintain the rotation of raw material and manufactured product samples within the sample store and ensure their safe disposal
- Process sample requests ? ensure that non-hazardous, hazardous and urgent samples are dealt with appropriately
- Provide Laboratory cover outside of normal working hours in conjunction with the Q.C. Supervisor
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in chemistry
- Hands on experience in a similar role would be preferred
- Ability to drive with own car due to the shift work required
- Any experience of test methods including total solids, pH, viscosity, acid values, particle size, GC, refractive index, colour measurements, titrations would be advantageous
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53598 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53598
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th May 2022
- Expires: 3rd June 2022