Research Scientist – Translational Biology (In vivo)
Full Time – Permanent
PLEASE NOTE – Prior to applying for this role, there are necessary requirements:
• Right to work in the UK – Full British Citizenship
Overview of the client:
CPL are partnering alongside an innovative company changing the way in which microbiome science is utilized. Allowing it to be used as a therapeutic treatment for a wide range of diseases based on live bacteria. The development in this novel therapeutic treatment has not gone unrecognized with partnerships with Cancer Research UK, University of Cambridge, Genentech and even a fundraise of £50m, allowing for our client to transition into the clinical stage, expanding their discovery pipeline.
Our clients current focus is Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis, where Bacterial therapeutics are currently being progressed into clinical trials. With the clinical study targeting the alleviation of multiple cancers such as Melanoma, Renal Cancer and many more, as well as collaboration with Non-Profit Organizations (CRUK) and Hospitals, this study will solidify our clients space in the Oncological Microbiome space.
- Contributing towards in vivo pharmacology packages to aid drug development programmes
- Contribute to development of new class of medicine
- Responsible for development & running animal models for live bacterial medicine evaluation
- Research into Microbiome therapeutics
- Developing new therapeutic areas to support Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis programmes.
- PhD in a biological discipline or similar level of experience
- Strong background in In Vivo treatment.
- Strong background in mouse models of human disease in relation to Immunology/autoimmunity or Immuno-oncology.
- Good knowledge of disease mechanism evaluation (i.e. FACS or transcriptomics).
- Personal Home Office License holder
Essential Management & Personal skills
- A motivated individual with a willingness to contribute
- Proactive in solving challenges to meet company program needs
- Independent & efficient team player
- Exceptional organisational skills with a clear ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro cell assays
- Prior experience in handling germ free mice
- Experience in testing of novel therapeutic agents in animal models
Attractive Salary + Benefits
To apply, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2205-491811
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 6th May 2022
- Expires: 3rd June 2022