Position: Global Procurement Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Duration: 12 Month Contract
Rate: 500 per day LTD/ Umbrella
Location: 2-3 days per week required in office in Cambridge, the rest working remotely
Indirects & Enabling Functions Procurement
As a category-owner within the companys Global Procurement function you will develop and deploy global category strategies and plans for the Talent Acquisition (TAQ) area. The TAQ area consists of two main categories, Temporary Workers and Recruitment, and has a total annual addressable spend of over $300M. You will be accountable for the overall area which includes the subcategories of Permanent Recruitment, Temporary Resources, Background Screening Services and Recruitment Advertising. The day-to-day responsibilities for a number of these subcategories sit with the Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in Warsaw and you will therefore need to collaborate closely and work as a team to craft and execute the global category strategy.
You will have accountability for leading both demand and supply side activities. With the companys Growth through Innovation strategy there is increasing demand for talent across the enterprise. This demand is truly global, and you will need to interact with stakeholders from across the enterprise (multiple SET areas) to understand and meet their requirements. This includes building a close relationship with the TAQ LT within Global HR and interaction with SET-1 leaders. You will need to collaborate with Procurement colleagues in each of the regions to understand demand and requirements from the local AZ Marketing Companies to ensure the category strategy is truly global. Additionally, you will need to work closely with Procurement colleagues in the Source-to-Contract team in GPS Warsaw to ensure that opportunities within the category are maximised and executed in an agile way.
There are a number of the key initiatives that will form the focus for this role in the short and medium term. These include: classification of external workers; optimising the partnership we have with our Managed Service Providers; embedding sustainability within the category; and integration of strategy and processes following the recent acquisition of Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
- Develop long term (5 year) strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca. Ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned company-wide category plan that incorporates local and regional needs.
- Manage customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Oversee implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans. Collaborate across the ONE Procurement network as required to deliver this.
- Strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Work alongside the Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in Warsaw to execute sourcing and contracting activities in alignment with the category strategy and plan.
- Coordinate the introduction of new and modified services with appropriate departments
- Advise on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex services with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate and manage internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar
- environment at management level
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
- Experience of working within Indirects, preferably HR categories.
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of GDPR (UK) and data privacy risks.
- Understanding of off-payroll working rules (IR35) in the UK
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2205-491890
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 5th May 2022
- Expires: 2nd June 2022