CK Group are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Chemist to join a materials and polymers manufacturing company at their site based in Ware, on a 6 months fixed term contract basis, with a view to going permanent thereafter.
Our client develops and manufactures high performance polymers for use in various applications. They are able to offer a bespoke service and their products help their customers to add value. They are now looking for a Lab Chemist to join the team to assist in all technical aspects of research and development work, R&D reporting, quality control and quality assurance duties. You will also provide cover to the manufacturing department.
Your normal working day will be from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday, but you may be required to be available for overtime work at short notice. The company is able to offer a salary in the range of circa £24,000 depending on experience.
This role is located near Hertford, easily commutable from North London, Hoddesdon, Harlow, Stevenage and surrounding areas.
Your main duties of this Lab Chemist will be:
- Input data into QC database including customer specifications and internal and finished product specifications.
- R&D work including assisting in all R&D functions and new product developments.
- To help in maintaining raw material COSHH, Health & Safety data (including MSDS, specification and technical datasheets) for all raw materials used.
- Undertake bench work individually and as part of a team.
- Assist in all safe practices across site, for example, management of Cooling Tower monitoring / testing and control of Legionella.
- Advising other sites on QC and R&D work along with occasional visits to assist research.
- Overseeing smooth transfer of R&D products to large scale production, including risk assessments, scale up calculations and all related documentation.
- Providing cover to process team where necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry
- Previous Environmental / QMS experience desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Organised & methodical with excellent administration and document control skills
- Highly motivated, with a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and/or to strict deadlines
- Able to drive to get to site
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53572 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53572
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 4th May 2022
- Expires: 1st June 2022