We are currently looking for a Associate Director, Translational Biology to join a leading Biotherapeutics company based in the South Cambridgeshire area. As the Associate Director, Translational Biology you will lead the In Vivo Pharmacology team and disease modelling and represent the department to the rest of the organisation and externally. You will develop project plans and ensure the successful progression of the discovery pipeline through to clinical research.
This is a clinical stage Immuno-oncology, Biotherapeutics company with a novel pipeline of Bacterial based therapeutics. You will therefore have the opportunity to develop novel disease models and have the ability to contribute to the cutting edge development of Live Bacterial Therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Director, Translational Biology (In Vivo) will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Lead all the In Vivo capabilities for the company including representing the department to the wider organisation and developing project strategies to ensure the success R&D of novel Bacterial Therapeutics.
2. Manage, mentor and develop a team of research scientists focused on the establishment and development of novel disease models in the areas of autoimmunity, IBD and immuno-oncology. They will also be focusing on the validation of biological models to ensure the clinical relevance of the models using translational biomarkers.
3. Manage CRO interactions and external collaborations while also developing data packages and presentations for internal communication.
4. Hold a Project Licence and ensure the highest level of standards within the in vivo facility, ensuring ethical and welfare regulations are upheld.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Director, Translational Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Biological discipline in addition to a number of years either in an academic or industry setting where you have worked in the field of in vivo pharmacology.
2. Proven industry experience of establishing novel animal models for disease where you have had a strong focus on the underlying biological mechanisms. Experience in the fields of Immunology, Autoimmunity and/or Immuno-oncology are highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the design, execution and documentation of rigorous testing of therapeutic agents.
Key Words: In Vivo | Pharmacology | Pre-clinical | Animal Models | Mouse Models | Model Validation | Immuno-oncology | Immunology | Autoimmunity | Home Office Licence | Project Licence | Animal Licence | Microbiome | Bacterial Therapeutics | Clinical Development
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636440
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 4th May 2022
- Expires: 1st June 2022