CK Group are recruiting for a Sample preparation technician to join an environmental testing company at their site based in Consett on a full time permanent basis.
The company offers a broad range of accredited analytical testing to support a wide range of testing requirements for a range of industries, including water treatment, medical device manufacturers, industrial water companies, environmental consultants and more. You will ensure that the work load is organised and up to date, and will operate instrumentation to produce accurate results. Please note that occasional weekend work will be required, for which overtime is paid.
This role is based at the company's site in Consett, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Stanley, Durham, Gateshead and more.
Your main duties will be:
- Soil sample preparation including reception and recording of samples
- Storage and revival of samples from stores
- Data entry into LIMS and Regmaster system
- Housekeeping, ensuring the laboratory work area is clean and tidy
- Preparation of samples including traying out, crushing, drying, making leachates, weighing, etc.
- Assisting in water sample preparation
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring Quality procedures are adhered to
- A minimum of 2 years? experience of working in a production/warehouse environment
- A minimum of G.C.S.E grade C or above in Science, Maths and English is desirable.
- Forklift truck licence is desirable.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 53559 in all correspondence.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Reference: 53559
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 3rd May 2022
- Expires: 31st May 2022