An opportunity has arisen for a graduate chemist to work as a part of a highly motivated, dynamic, and rapidly growing team of scientists and engineers. This is a hands-on role based at our world-class electrochemical testing and diagnostics facilities where, alongside members of the MEA Development Team, you will have responsibility for the development of MEAs for use in our alkaline and anion exchange membrane fuel cells.
This role gives an excellent opportunity for a motivated candidate to innovate and expand their technical skills in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
- Support the development catalyst coated membranes (CCMs)
- Ex-situ testing of ink compositions such as stability and membrane compatibility
- Support the develop testing methodologies and quality control processes
- Working with MEA development colleagues and the Polymer team, develop inks for a range of coating methods and membranes
- Record, analyse and report on experiments performed and their outcomes
- Maintain a clean, well-stocked and organised lab
- Measure and analyse properties of ink formulations using in-house testing techniques
- Research, identify and develop techniques that could be used to improve quality control measures for ink production and membrane coating
- Trial various coating techniques on a variety of membranes
- Actively engage with all H&S policies and guidance, especially for laboratory work - including completing COSHH and Risk Assessments as required.
- Keep up to date with patents and academic literature relevant to the area
- Establish SOPs for new equipment and techniques
- Prepare test plans, test reports and any other required documentation for all experiments performed
- Present project updates to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Represent the company at external meetings as required
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships across the business unit.
Skills and Experience
- Practical experience in catalyst inks, electrode coatings or similar, gained either through a commercial role or within academia.
- BSc or diploma or alternative qualification in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Experience of coating techniques such as screen-printing, spraying, slot-die would be advantageous.
- Excellent practical laboratory skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working experience with COSHH and risk assessments
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 9307
- Posted: 29th April 2022
- Expires: 27th May 2022