Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Sprockhövel, Germany (Required in office 5 days a week)
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience and qualifications
Title of Position reports to:
What is the overall purpose of this role?
Manage all financial and tax compliance reporting requirements for all German entity activities, including property and operational activities. Support the local business and managing directors with managing day to day activities.
What qualifications, skills, experience, and abilities are thought necessary to succeed in this role?
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· CPA/ACA or ACCA Required
· 6+ years of relevant work experience in controlling and finance functions within a multinational working environment
· Experience in managing accounts which complies with German HGB/GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in Transfer Pricing
- Experience in business restructuring
- Experience with ERP implementation or BI Reporting advantageous
- Understanding of employee taxes in various jurisdictions (Netherland, Germany, UK)
- Knowledge in Pronto, SAGE, BI Reporting advantageous
· Fluent English is a requirement, both written and spoken
· Experience using ERP systems (Pronto and SAGE), very good Excel knowledge.
· Well-developed leadership skills and communication skills
o Prepare monthly group reporting, discuss the monthly developments with the Managing Directors and report the results to the Head Office.
o Responsible for the budget process and comment on budget deviation.
o Responsible for updating weekly/monthly forecasting relating to cashflows and income statements
o Support the Managing Directors and key management in reporting business activities and managing the business
o Manage working capital reporting
o In collaboration with Head Office in preparing monthly and annual financial report, as well as financial statements, subsidiary schedules, and year end results, [including eliminations] applying both local GAAP and IFRS
o Assume responsibility for month-end closing activities, such as preparing account schedules that provide details to general ledger account balances. Reconcile balance sheet accounts to the ledger making sure that all necessary general journal entries are made and posted during month end closing. Account for any reconciling items that must be brought to management’s attention and recommend resolutions.
o Engage with external subject matter experts in relation to accounting, audit, tax, banking and legal matters.
o Ensure local legal entity compliance and reporting obligations are met
o Manage local tax (sales taxes/VAT, corporate tax, payroll taxes) reporting compliance. Knowledge of tax in other EU jurisdictions and Transfer Pricing rules an advantage
o Assist with local and EU payroll compliance obligations
o Lead external audit interaction
o Support the continuous development and optimisation of accounting and controlling processes in cooperation with various departments.
oReview internal control processes and implement processes where weaknesses exist
- Agency: Cpl Life Sciences
- Reference: JO-2204-490129
Website: Cpl Life Sciences
- Posted: 29th April 2022
- Expires: 27th May 2022