A global leader in the manufacturing of advance materials is currently seeking a Production Planner to join its team at their Cambridgeshire facility. As a key member of the group you will have the following responsibilities:
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Provide operations with a short term MPS consistent with customer demand, capacity and performance.
- Translate long term plan into short term production schedule by developing short term MPS on a monthly basis for a rolling 3 month period.
- Work with network of schedulers to develop short term MPS that: Ensures committed lead times are respected, optimizes the short term campaign strategy for manufacturing efficiency and is consistent with capacity constraints (labour shifts, maintenance schedules) and line/product qualification schedules.
- Fine-tune MPS on a weekly basis and whenever contingency plans are necessary.
- Analyse alternative scenarios and their implications.
- Monitor the end-to-end Critical Path Schedule (CPS) of all customer orders, in a vertically integrated organization. Determine and commit to the best possible lead time while maximizing inventory velocity: as a minimum, meet contractual lead time.
- Identify potential for improving overall lead time. Propose and follow up action plans.
- Identify deviations against MPS and evaluate the risk to customer satisfaction.
- Monitor end-to-end inventory levels: propose and follow up action plans to achieve inventory targets.
- Regulate inventory levels for raw materials, intermediate and finished goods, in accordance with safety stocks policy, by launching adapted production orders.
- Lead or support weekly MPS meeting
- University Degree in science, engineering, economics, or business or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Experience Scheduling and Inventory Control in vertically integrated environment
- Sound knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures: scheduling, demand and replenishment processes (Make to Order & Make to Stock).
- Have an understanding of the financial aspects of the business and methods of cost control.
- Able to handle multiple, competing priorities in a matrix organization.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to influence at all levels and activate key players.
- Must be driven, enthusiastic, autonomous and self-motivated, be an effective communicator with people at all levels of the business and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Salary - £ Competitive + Excellent company Benefits (including the ability to work in a hybrid environment - 3days in the office and 2 days at home).
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7360
- Posted: 29th April 2022
- Expires: 27th May 2022