We are currently looking for a Upstream Team Lead to join a leading CDMO based in the Kent area. As the Upstream Team Lead you will be responsible for a team of Scientists and Technicians, shaping and executing work plans within Upstream Processing (involving molecular design, cell banking and fermentation).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Team Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Upstream Team Lead, you will be responsible for achieving rapid and efficient project progress as well as delivering exceptional quality data and scientific support to customers.
2. You will interact with the overall project plan to update progress and ensure all team members are occupied and carrying out necessary activities.
3. 35% of your time will be contributed to working hands-on in the Laboratory, dealing with primary data and taking ownership of the laboratory working practices within the Upstream area.
4. Your role as the Upstream Team Lead with also include supporting the Director of R&D with recruiting new team members, and building R&D competencies to deliver the site's cGMP road map.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Team Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life science discipline such as Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Bioengineering - with a PhD being advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience with the team leadership or development of staff, as well as demonstrable experience with communicating complex scientific information to colleagues and others.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with the Upstream Processing environment, as well as the techniques involved such as fermentation, Protein Expression and Purification, process Development and cell banking. Past experience working with bacteria (specifically E.coli), fungi or yeast is essential.
Key Words: Upstream Team Lead / Kent / Protein Purification / Expression / E.coli / Bacteria / Yeast / Fungi / Molecular Cloning / Fermentation / Cell Banking / Process Development / Biotechnology / Bioprocessing / Bioengineering / Microbiology / R&D / cGMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Reference: J5636275
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 22nd April 2022
- Expires: 20th May 2022