An opportunity has arisen within the Quality Department for a QA Technologists.
QA Technologist will be educated to BSc in food science, chemistry or biological science with basic food hygiene or HACCP training.
The purpose of the role is to support the QA Manager in the maintenance, development, implementation and improvement of site food safety & quality systems and standards.
- To support the development and maintenance of the site HACCP systems.
- To conduct audits and spot checks to ensure compliance of the HACCP system, highlighting any issues, taking the appropriate corrective action and recommend solutions
- To maintain and develop the site documentation system
- To Validate and verify the quality and food safety systems.
- To investigate and respond to customer complaints, taking into account root cause, corrective action and system maintenance,
- To maintain site accreditation and certifications ie: Kosher, Organic, Fair Trade, etc.
- To manage corrective action activities.
- To coordinate the site internal audit programme, communication with relevant stakeholders
- To support the management of supplier approval including auditing and maintenance
- To conduct site internal audits including hygiene and procedural audits
- To support and deputise for the QA Manager as necessary.
- Position requirements:
- Proven experience in a quality or laboratory environment
- Proven computer literacy in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and powerpoint
- An understanding of a food manufacturing environment
Candidates must have good communication skills as they will be expected to liaise with staff at all levels.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Key Skills: QA, Food, HACCP, Quality Systems, H & S, Auditing
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: BCS14
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 5th May 2022
- Expires: 2nd June 2022