An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of a talented team within a successful leading organisation with a proven reputation for developing innovative and commercially viable nonwoven products.
The Principal Scientist will be responsible for leadership of a broad range of projects related to fibrous materials and overseeing a multiple project programme for clients. As a senior member of technical team, the Principal Scientist will be expected to coach and mentor colleagues to help them develop appropriate skills and capabilities.
Qualification and experience
PhD or Masters in Textile or Material Science/Engineering with several years’ experience in manufacturing, new product development and commercially focused R&D projects.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and design of new nonwoven products, processes, and services.
- Project planning and managing scale-up trials.
- Understanding the aims in client and nonwoven application context.
- Comprehensive experimental planning/DOE.
- Technical progress assessment and viable decision making to ensure logical progress.
- Advanced analytical skills, data analysis and correlation; independent coherent data interpretation.
- Understanding of fundamental scientific principles and application to solve challenging problems.
- High level written communication and report writing.
- High-level presentation skills over web conference and in person.
- Conducting client meetings independently.
- Assisting in the development of technical proposals/pitches to potential and existing clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with ability to use own initiative and prioritise tasks
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Able to liaise and work well with other departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with clients and understand their needs.
Skills: nonwoven, Material Engineering, Product development, Innovation, R&D, Manufacturing.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: ST Recruitment
- Contact: Sam
- Phone: 01737241823
- Reference: NL-06
Website: ST Recruitment
- Updated: 25th April 2022
- Expires: 23rd May 2022