As Head of Engineering - Energy Storage systems you will be required to join a growing organisation to lead their Energy Storage Capability team. As Energy Storage Capability Lead you will be responsible for leading our team of experienced Energy Storage Development Engineers and Managers. You and your team will work closely with the other capability groups, our Product group and Customers to develop state-of-the-art energy storage systems for innovative, world-class electrification products and platforms meeting the highest level of quality and safety.
You should be a leadership of energy storage engineering teams and resources with the development of for energy storage products and platforms for highly regulated applications, with a proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in an engineering environment.
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art energy storage engineering methods and principles.
- Mechanical packaging and electronics for energy storage products and platforms including BMS.
- Battery cell technology, chemistry and characteristics.
- Understanding of the key cost and quality drivers.
- Designing for compliance to industry standards including safety, environmental, EMC and endurance factors.
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills.
- Dealing with customers, engineers, other business functions, outside service providers and other stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Proficiency in industry standard electronics and mechanical engine
You should be a structured individual with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels within the organisation. Have good commercial awareness and proactive problem-solving skills to ensure business needs are understood and agreed solutions are delivered.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Significant experience in an electronics and or mechanical engineering capacity and ideally leadership.
- Championing and developing our Energy Storage competency and capacity through coaching, mentoring, supporting, recruiting and continuously improving the Energy Storage team and their capabilities.
- Taking extreme ownership and supporting your team in the execution of their roles to ensure both you and they deliver our project(s) to a high level of excellence which adds sustainable value to both our customers.
- Building trust between all internal and external stakeholders through inclusion and open and precise communication.
- Setting clear objectives and key results for your team, communicating the status of these precisely, and supporting your team in the delivery of these using servant leadership.
- Where necessary, performing energy storage device and system design activities yourself to achieve on time delivery to the required level of quality and safety.
- Following required company processes and supporting the creation and maintenance of program / project management processes.
- Ensuring all work is carried out safely.
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Autonomy and flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential - we are revolutionizing the electric motor industry
- On-site gym and restaurant
Ability to purchase additional annual leave
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7198
- Posted: 14th January 2022
- Expires: 11th February 2022