Due to increased project demands, a fast-growth Food Tech Start Up company require a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its bioprocessing team. As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical design, testing and usability of medical devices and combination devices for both current and new products. You must have proven experience as a design engineer supporting with the development of medical device or other regulated products.
You will be tasked with developing the manufacturing equipment to produce cell tissue at large-scale. Execute the design and development of complex electro-mechanical bench and 50 L scale biotechnology equipment, ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timeline.
- Execute the design and development of complex electro-mechanical bench and 50 L scale biotechnology equipment, ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timeline.
- Carryout and oversee the development of all mechanical components for use in a variety of biotechnology applications including bioreactors, sensor technology integration, control system development.
- Collaborate with biochemical engineers to solve emerging issues and to develop equipment.
- Employ a design, build, and test approach.
- Develop mechanical designs, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs and SOPs.
- Work with biochemical engineers to assess and manage process risk and operability (employing e.g. HAZOP, HACCP and FMEA)
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications, delivering prototypes for experimentation.
- Adhere to company policies on environmental, health, safety and workplace
Education and Experience
- BSc in mechanical / electromechanical engineering or related
- Experience in designing and constructing bioprocess technology (including bioreactors)
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks according to required
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with CAD software SolidWorks
- Good writing and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products. Use of statistical software a plus
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to a team's success
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software would be an advantage
You must have the right to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7124
- Posted: 13th January 2022
- Expires: 10th February 2022